No, probably not. That is because AOL does not go out of it’s way to inform customers that there is no need to pay it a monthly fee anymore.
Canceling your paid AOL account and switching to their free plan is relatively easy. Before you begin, you’ll need a few things:
- You AOL screenname and password (Forgot your password?)
- The answer to your account security question (Forgot it?)
Once you have that, there are two ways to cancel: (1) Call the phone number listed on your credit card statement; (2) Cancel online. We’ll go through the steps of canceling online.
Cancel Your AOL Account
- Sign into AOL’s My Account with your master username and password.
- Answer their Account Security Question and click Continue.
- If prompted, select I already have a High Speed Connection and click View Plans.
- Under your current subscription, at the bottom of the page, click Cancel My Billing.
- Review the confirmation page. To convert to the free AOL account, select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu and then click Cancel My Billing.
That’s it! You’ve now canceled your AOL account and kept your aol.com email address for free.
Please let us know in the comments below if these steps worked for you or if you need any additional help.